January 18 is Winnie-the-Pooh Day and to celebrate here are five inspirational quotes from the books.
The date coincides with the birthday of creator A.A. Milne, who based the character of Christopher Robin on his own son, Christopher Robin Milne.
A.A. Milne's two books on the adventures of the teddy bear and his friends are Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner which were published in 1926 and 1928 respectively.
1. "You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes."
2. "People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day."
3. "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday."
4. "Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo."
5. "I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time."